– Anna-Marie Crowhurst
How much did we love London Collections: Men A/W14? A LOT. Here's what we learnt from this season's fash/mancake fest:
1. David Gandy is omnipresent. There he is, at literally every single FROW, at every after-party, on every red carpet, smeyes-ing his impossibly sharpened, olive-hued, dreamy old face off. Look at his perfect hair and magnetic, twinkly EYES. He can see you everywhere, you know. He’s watching you right now. Stop doing that. He can see.
2. There is a smoking hot posho violinist called Charlie Siem (see pictures of the D&G party for proof). <Insert joke about fiddling here>.
3. Judging by the Thomas Pink show, their creative director Florence Torrens wants 17th century-style facial hair (as in moustache and pointy beard pairing a la Willy Shakespeare/Guy Fawkes) to happen. We don’t want it to happen, please. We fear the pointy Bardy beard. Sincerely – Women.
4. Oliver Cheshire has got a very big hat.
5. Jack Guinness has got a lovely big beard.
6. The above two individuals are “male models”.
7. Eyewear, as in statement specs, is SO HOT RIGHT NOW. From FROW-ers Grimmers, Tinie Tempah and Samuel L Jackson to the runways of Gieves & Hawkes and JW Anderson, we are inclined to make passes at boys wearing glasses. Especially horn-rimmed ones. Lrlrlrlrlr.
8. What we’re calling “Shiny hair, shiny face” is a big grooming trend for 2014. Mark Ronson is already on it with a glistening centre part. Where did his grey hair go, though?
9. You don’t need a catwalk when you can have 1940s-attired male models in slouchy Oxford bags and trilbies creeping furtively around the Cabinet War Rooms like rilly rilly good-looking time travellers. Thanks Savile Row, Woolmark and St James!
10. Katie Eary is proper bonkers and we love her work.