- Hannah Slapper
1 candy-coloured pastel coat, preferably oversized
1 pair of cream flavoured heels
1 pair of bon-bon earrings
1 chunky knit, in either a complimentary or matching soft-hued colour
a tray of delicious looking sweetshop eyeshadows
a few droplets of matching nail varnish
hairspray, for glazing
full length mirror
appreciatively cooing partner
a crisp Autumnal day
a beaming smile
Chef's Note: This delicate creation showcases the coat as the magnificent centrepiece. It is vital that the outer shell acts as the most aesthetically pleasing highlight, to provide greatest effect.
1. After thoroughly washing, buffing, moisturising and preening the body, dress it in a subtle but excellent quality ensemble. Outfit must contain dress or skirt which hangs no lower than knee length. Colours must compliment your outer pastel tones. Please note that tanning is not essential, as a doll like appearance is encouraged.
2. Place chosen knit over outfit ensuring that any collars are crease-free and neatly folded over the neckline.
3. Don statement shoes.
4. Create '60s doll-like beauty look using complimentary colours on eyes, curvaceous eyeliner flicks, a touch of blush, and a glossy natural lip.
5. Sweep hair into a retro up-do. Do not be afraid of adding extra volume by using hairspray.
6. Add any appropriate accessories. Do not over embellish. We suggest a vintage style bauble earring.
7. Finally, add your pastel coat. Fasten any belts or buttons to complete the look.
FOR THE PANACHE:
The icing on the cake, as it were. This is a highly feminine recipe for style success. Carry it off with a ladylike smile and an attitude of sweetness and grace. Customise with highlights of bold bright colour, low notes of black, grey and brown or a glamorous metallic streak. The possibilities are endless.
Photography Daniel Thomas Smith
Art Direction Mai Ikuzawa
Hair Ben Moth
Make Up Bea Sweet
Make Up Assistant Daisy Harris-d'Andel
Styling Alice Cuffe
Styling Assistant Jessica Lester
Prop Design Clara Cuffe
Production Sarah Joynt
Animation Natalia Stuyk
Models Honour, Katarina and Gersande at Profile Models