We can see right through you. Opaque items just aren't doing it for you any more, are they? This summer, designers have dictated your wardrobe will suddenly be filled with perspex aplenty. From transparent macs to sheer shoes, there are so many items which feature this durable and ultra modern medium. So what are you waiting for? It's time to get plastic fantastic.
1. Topshop, Glass Perspex Heel Courts; £55, motilo.com
Ooh. Topshop have put a delightful twist on the classic chunky perspex heel by adding a dainty floral pattern to the actual shoe. Feminine but futuristic is an excellent mix.
2. Lulu Guinness, Birdcage Umbrella; £32, motilo.com
For those London dwellers who are slowly but surely coming to terms with the fact that our summer is going to be filled with showers, this Lulu Guinness beautiful birdcage umbrella should cheer you up enough to step out during the storms.
3. Reed Krakoff, Cuff with Transparent Detail; £315, motilo.com
A fun contrast of high/low hardware from Reed Krakoff, as he blends gold-plated brass with boldly bolted perspex: propelling Grecian style into the cosmos.
4. Christian Louboutin, Pivich Patent and Perspex 10mm Shoes; £475, motilo.com
Louboutin never fails to be progressive with his showy shoe designs, and the striped effect on your feet from this leather-perspex mix is a truly modern take on the femme fatale.
5. Stella McCartney, Valerie Perspex Wedge Shoe; £590, motilo.com
This is arguably the shoe of the season. Deliciously chunky, but effortlessly wearable. The thick transparent perspex platform balances the minimal white straps for a pair of sandals perfect for any summer dress.
6. Charlotte Olympia, Box Office Pandora Perspex Clutch; £1,595, motilo.com
A cinematic clutch so gloriously golden and gleaming that it's begging to be used on the red carpet, or the closest you can get to it, the cinema. Looks brilliant with or without Charlotte Olympia's signature inner pouch.
7. Valentino, Mini Rockstud Cuff Bracelet; £560, motilo.com
An element of punk seen from the usually classic couture-house Valentino with this studded cuff. We love the way that those tiny points are emphasised by the see-through plastic.
8. Maison Martin Margiela, Leather and Perspex Belt; £290, motilo.com
Some space-age fun from MMM in the form of a huge leather and perspex belt. Whether it's nipping in your waist over a summery dress, or adding some sculpting form to a pair of high waisted trousers, it's bound to turn a head or two.
9. Oliver Peoples, Sheldrake Sunglasses; £279, motilo.com
A great way to get a bit of perspex into your wardrobe if your slightly more shy of the trend is to splash out on a pair of plastic sunglasses. The good thing about them is that you can get experiment with colour and texture, like the shades of grey and blue lenses of these shades from Oliver Peoples.
10. Charlotte Olympia, Yellow Perfume Clutch; £919, motilo.com
Finally, one of our favourite Olympia bags of the season has to be the instant classic Perfume clutch. Such a golden summery yellow will add sunshine to any event, and will look even better than you smell.