- words by Hannah Slapper, styling by Rebecca Corbin-Murray
The Bohemian look is a trend that has been with the world for a while. Well, ever since there were Romani people in France, which is where the name comes from: the people of Bohemia. Their style was the dishevelled chic which comes with travelling around and seeing the world, and gradually throughout the centuries this has adapted so that the addition of jet-setting lifestyle and hippie mentality creates what we view as scènes de la vie de bohème.
So what does 2013 have in store for those that follow their feet? A mix of everything that we love. The gentle eccentricity of the polka dot silk in a Dolce & Gabbana playsuit, covered by a bright red chunky Chinti and Parker sweater, which contrasts with some leafy-detailed Charlotte Olympia sandals.
Get that Romani look with some large Tom Bins earrings, and add a touch of the fabulous with a pair of Illesteva sunglasses in a glorious cat-eye shape. Finally, show the French influence of this trend with Olympia le Tan's Madame Bovary clutch, in a true homage to Boho heritage.
1. Tom Binns, Edge Hoop Earrings; £130, motilo.com
2. Chinti and Parker, Oversized Aran-knit Merino Wool Sweater; £350, motilo.com
3. Illesteva, + Zac Posen Cat Eye Tortoiseshell Acetate Sunglasses; £290, motilo.com
4. Dolce & Gabbana, Polka-dot Silk Playsuit; £715, motilo.com
5. Charlotte Olympia, Eden Cutout Suede Sandals; £645, motilo.com
6. Olympia Le-Tan, Madame Bovary Embroidered Clutch; £1,035, motilo.com