- words by Hannah Slapper, styling by Rebecca Corbin-Murray
For many people, the horizontal coloured stripe is a trend to be reckoned with. All too often women are terrified of making their bodies look wider and so eschew what can be a gorgeously summery look. To tie in with this season's rather strict specifications, go for bright candy colours instead of the more traditional blue breton stripe. Everything is about the unconventional colour code at the moment, so it's vital you go against expectations, while complimenting your choices with classic fashion favourites.
For a casual day time look, try some tailored trousers by Lem Lem. The extremely fine red stripes are dainty enough to flatter your figure and the hidden pockets and seamless elasticated waistband are more than forgiving on the hips.
Height is extremely important to elongate your legs, so a pair of fresh white Stella McCartney wedges wouldn't go amiss. On top go for a soft knit. We love the pastel blue of Acne's angora, or go for a Freda cashmere sweater if you need something a bit less itchy.
As this is a simple summer look, don't over accessorise. A couple of well placed Eddie Borgo gold toned bracelets and a monochrome Fendi shoulder bag will be enough to ensure you look elegantly attired, and to balance out your lined legs.
1. Freda, Cashmere Sweater; £295, motilo.com
2. Fendi, Bequin Stripe Crocodile Skin Bag; £4,500, motilo.com
3. Eddie Borgo, Gold-plated Large Zenith Cuff Bracelet; £331, motilo.com
4. Stella McCartney, Natalie Canvas Wedge Shoes; £425, motilo.com
5. Lem Lem, Striped Cotton Trousers; £85, motilo.com
6. Eddie Borgo, Helix Link Bracelet; £230, motilo.com
7. Acne, Micah Angora Sweater; £170, motilo.com