words by Cressida Meale, styling by Rebecca Corbin-Murray
Do you see that thing in the sky? It's a bit hot, kind've bright and having a HUGE impact on our mood right now. Wherever you are in the world, we hope you're indulging in some sun, and as such, looking for exactly the right thing to wear.
Whilst basking in such a laid back frame of mind, we feel mightily drawn towards the peace, love and namaste vibe of the late '60s hippy. Think embellishment, worldly eccentricity and Moroccan earth tones. Luckily, this was a strong trend amongst some of our favourite designers this season so we have plenty to choose from.
Isabel Marant's embroidered waistcoat is perfect for adding a layer of interest, without baking yourself in the process. When paired with a sleek-luxe jersey, such as this Rick Owens number, you can do boho without the hobo, workable, wearable and wonderful.
Similarly, these Isabel Marant printed jeans are a smart nod towards a global look, without getting carried away on the proverbial jangling tourist donkey. Tan tones and tassels from Saint Laurent are a distinctly grown up way to accessorise, and most definitely not gap year territory. Lastly, Alaia know how to dress a foot, and these diamond strap sandals are no exception; nourishment for the sole, if not the bank balance.
1. Isabel Marant, Jungle Paisley Embroidered Waistcoat; £1,545, motilo.com
2. Saint Laurent, Opium Tassel Necklace; £814, motilo.com
3. Rick Owens, Cotton-jersey Top; £163, motilo.com
4. Etoile Isabel Marant, Printed Mid-rise Flared Jeans; £210, motilo.com
5. Azzedine Alaia, Diamond Strap Sandals; £765, motilo.com
6. Saint Laurent, Lulu Leather Shoulder Bag; £1,075, motilo.com